Do you provide specialist healthcare to a child under 18? Please complete this survey

Published: Thu, 26th April 2018, 11:24:00 AM

Specialist healthcare for children in the home: an online survey of family carers’ experiences

Ethics Approval Reference: R56623/RE001



Do you provide specialist healthcare in the home for a child or young person (e.g. feeding tube care, ventilation, injections, suctioning, catheters)? Would you be interested in helping to identify ways to improve training and ongoing support for other families? If so, you might be interested in taking part in this research study.


Purpose of the study

The purpose of the study is to understand the experiences of family carers who carry out specialist care for a child or young person in the home (under 18 years). The study is part of a longer term project to develop resources to prepare and support family carers.


What does the study involve?

You would be invited to take part in an online survey lasting around 30 minutes on your experiences of providing specialist healthcare in the home. You will be asked about the type of care you provide for your child, your experiences of learning to do these tasks, how it feels to provide this care and your experiences of ongoing support.


What to do if you are interested

Please start the survey:


For more information

If you would like more information please contact Bethan Page at the Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford, There is no obligation to take part. Bethan will answer any questions you have.


Thank you!

© Tracheo-Oesophageal Fistula Support
TOFS is a Registered Charity in England and Wales (327735) and a Private Company Limited By Guarantee without Share Capital, registered in England and Wales (2202260).
Registered address: TOFS, St. George’s Centre, 91 Victoria Road, Netherfield, Nottingham NG4 2NN.
Website by Altido